Food Services of America, Inc.

Returning Candidate?

Human Resources Manager

Human Resources Manager

Job ID 
Job Location 
Working Hours 
Part Time

More information about this job



We are looking for a part-time Human Resources Manager in Tracy, California!  The successful candidate will serve as a local business partner for of all aspects of the human resources function.



We are moving our distribution facility from Milpitas to Tracy in April, 2018. Must be willing to commute to Milpitas until the move. Commute reimbursement available.


  • Models the way for the company culture
  • Supports various Associate engagement and recognition efforts, furthering SSA’s position as a premier employer in the community.
  • Partners with leadership for Associate/Employee Relations, including the interpretation of personnel policies and procedures, discipline, and investigations
  • Manages benefit program for Associates within the Operating Unit, including administering New Hire and Open Enrollments, coordinating Wellness events, and managing FMLA leave
  • Ensures company learning and development programs such as new associate onboarding, on-the-job training, compliance, sexual harassment, are delivered
  • Performs full-cycle recruiting, including managing job requisition in ATS, preparing job descriptions, advertising job postings, screening resumes and performing interviews
  • Acts as recruitment partner with hiring managers
  • Ensures compliance with legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the Human Resources function, including EEO, FLSA OFCCP, and other State and local requirement
  • Supports Safety Culture through communication, participating in safety meetings, and maintaining OSHA 300 and 300A logs.
  • Weekly payroll processing
  • Oversee maintenance of paper and electronic Associate personnel files
  • Other duties as assigned


  • Business Administration Degree and a Human Resource Management Major or equivalent years’ experience and PHR/SPHR/SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification preferred
  • Minimum five years HR Generalist work experience preferred
  • Experience in California employment laws and regulations required
  • Experience in distribution center environment preferred
  • Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of Associates, both oral and written
  • Strong organization, analytical and strategic project planning skills
  • Ability to identify problems and work with others to resolve them
  • Computer skills including Ultimate Software, Kronos, iCIMS, and Microsoft Office
  • Ability to present to groups of up to 200 people
  • Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
  • Sitting up to 80% of the time, with the remaining 20% walking or standing
  • Ability to pass drug screening and background investigation

Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.


Share on your newsfeed

Need help finding the right job?

We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.